Friday, May 28, 2010

A New Record, A New Goal

While driving into work this morning, I heard on the radio that we set a new record for rainfall within a 24 hour period yesterday. Point nine four inches. That beats the previous record of point eight five inches. It rained a lot yesterday but it had not seemed to be anything unusual or heavier than I had experienced before. At any rate, it does not exactly bode well for the coming Memorial Day Holiday weekend.

We have set ourselves a goal for the coming Memorial Day Holiday weekend. We are going to complete the task of staining and painting the stairs. This is a project that has gone unfinished for too long.

I have tried looking back through the archives of this Blog to determine how long ago it was that we replaced the balusters on the stairs. I haven't been able to find any entry that tells when we started. That is quite frustrating to me because the whole reason I started this blog was to track the projects we do on the house. Now I'm looking for a specific event and it is not to be found.

I think we did the balusters in 2007 and I did find some pictures back then that showed the old balusters still in the stairway. One would think that I would have documented the baluster replacement as it was a rather significant event. We had the railing off for a few days and we spent a crap load of cash on the new baluster's.

I will look through my old receipts to see if that yields any clues. I'm not hopeful because we are talking about dealing with my record keeping.

At any rate, we are documenting it now and it will be documentation intensive for the next three days of the Memorial Day Holiday weekend.

Stay Tuned!

No comments: