Sunday, May 09, 2010

Historic Home Tour

Every Mother's Day, the Spokane Preservation Society has a tour of homes. They get about four older historic homes that have been renovated or kept up well and offer tours.

Susan and I went on the tour today. There were four homes on the South Hill in reasonable proximity to each other. We were not allowed to take pictures so I offer them to you here.






The best house on the tour was the first one we went to and it happens to be for sale. It is nearly 100 years old and in that time has belonged to only two families. That is pretty amazing! They are asking 1.2 million dollars for this house. Frankly, I don't see it. It is a wonderful home in a very prestegious area of town...Rockwood Blvd. But Rockwood is a fairly busy street and for 1.2 mill, I could build a pretty nice house damn near anywhere in Spokane.

We returned home and Susan did a little work on the entry way while I mowed the lawn. Tomorrow, the mower goes in for a tune up, which it badly needs.

Then, we set about the task of cleaning the house. It is so bad that even I notice it. Susan worked on the kitchen and I took on the Dining Room and Living Room. I have to figur out something to do to the carpets in those rooms. The damn cats are destroying them. I'm going to lay down ome spray that is supposed to deter them from going on the carpet. The problem is that you have to keep applying it and the cats always wear me down.

I should mentin that there were no Mothers Day activities for us as my mother had the good sense to leave the country. She is in Mexico for a week or so. We will try to catch up with her and have her over in a couple of weeks but it's possible everything will get a way from us and we'll have her over next Mother's Day.

No comments: