Friday, November 25, 2011

The Annual Thanksgiving Day Blog-A-Thon

8:38AM: We have just gotten up and here I am at the Computer typing away. I got up earlier to shoot up T.J. and I sat down here to review what we did last year on Thanksgiving. It turns out I did the same Blogathon as I am doing here and I found the information I left very helpful in planning my day today. I also found a bunch of misspelled words which I will have to go back and fix.


We have some window painting to do today and according to last years blog, It took us about two and a half hours to do it. We didn't get started until 11:30. Hell, we stayed in bed until ten.


The other interesting thing that I probably would not have remembered is that there was snow on the ground (I kind of remember that) and it was really chilly.


Today, it's approaching 40 degrees outside and it's sunny. 


So, we are off to tackle Turkeyday. Here we go!


2:29PM: We have returned from our painting duties for the day. The day started sunny but was cloudy by the time we started painting. In contrast to years past, it was warm. These first few windows that we paint are all outside painting jobs so having a fairly warm day is a nice bonus.


 Now we are preparing to go to my sister's house for a fabulous Thanksgiving Meal that couldn't be beat. In the meantime, here are a bunch of pictures from our painting efforts today.
























3:27PM: We are getting ready to leave. I don't have time to be sitting here typing this. I've got to finish making myself presentable.


8:48PM: We have returned home from a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner that couldn't be beat with shovels and rakes and implements of...wait...I've lost focus.


Dinner was great and the potential drama that threatened to unfold never did...and that is as far as I'm going with that. Oh...my niece did get very very drunk.

No comments: