Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Home of Little Hitler

We painted last night at the Bank of America skywalk across Sprague Avenue. We have to call in advance so the Security Detail will know we are allowed to be there.

Last Spring when we were painting skywalks for Coaches vs. Cancer, we came across this guy at the Security Desk who was just a little tyrant. In the two or three minutes that we were in his sphere, he barked orders at three different people...me included. Apparently he didn't like the way I leaned my ladder against his guard station.

Susan and I immediately christened him "Little Hitler". 

"Lil Hit" was again on duty last night. Not quite so bad as I remember. He's definitely a cop wannabe taking charge of his little kingdom.

Anyway, we painted for three hours and got that one finished up. I painted a bunch of figures doing Winter-Like activity. Susan painted Snow Flakes.

I'm trying to decide if I had some gas syphoned from my car. I noticed I was almost empty last night and I was 100 miles short of my normal range. I get about 300 miles out of a tank and I was at 200.

So I filled up this morning and my mileage is definitely off. I'm down about 4 miles a gallon from my typical mileage. I shall be keeping an eye on this and start looking to purchase a locking gas cap...which I should have had all along.

1 comment:

Callahan said...

Sounds like it may be time to visit the car Doc and have him hook up Ol' Bessy to one of them fancy diagnostic gizmos - like car tricorders to find out what ails it. That happened to me once. I can't remember what was wrong, but my mileage just started going to hell. The only thing I don't like about your siphon theory is that a siphoner wouldn't bother just throwing your mpg average off a little; he'd throw it off a lot and take all he could. "But what if he's just trying to milk me?" you ask. You see, that's what you'd do if you were a criminal and that's because you practice good husbandry. But you're not a criminal and that's because you practice good husbandry. The criminal doesn't and that's why he's a criminal. If it was a siphoner, he'd have bled you dry. That's why, in my own inimitable unsolicited way, I urge you to make someone who has a car tricorder as soon as possible.