Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Sunday and No Defense!

Since we didn't have Thanksgiving here at home, we miss out on turkey and all the leftovers. Well, we can't have that. So today we will prepare a Thanksgiving meal that couldn't be beat. Plus, we have sky walks to paint so it will be a very busy day. B'Bye!


11:17PM: Okay, the day is over and it was a good one. We invited our friend Mark over to share dinner and it was fabulous. The turkey came out perfect, the mashed potatoes were creamy, the white trash casserole was the thing that dreams are made of and the gravy was simply Gravylicious.


We finished one more sky walk today although we had a little trouble getting access. Since it's part of the Mall and sky walk system, I figured it would be open. But alas, it was not. I managed to flag down a custodian who got me to the right people to approve us being in there.


I guess I should go back to yesterday. We got downtown about ten and got to work on a sky walk that crosses Howard avenue between the Chase Bank Building, which used to be the Washington Mutual Bank Building and the old Crescent Department Store Building, now called Crescent Court.


I had a disaster that has never happened to me before. I was moving my ladder a couple of inches, well aware of my paint jar on the top, and watched in slow motion as it tumbled off and onto the carpet in the sky walk.


Susan reacts very well to these sorts of emergencies. She screams, "Holy Mother of God!" at the top of her lungs and goes into manic panic mode. I spilled a lot of paint and it took close to half an hour before we could return to work. We got it up though and you would never know unless we pointed it out.


I have never had that happen to me in 30 plus years of painting windows. It happened to me again today. Honest to God! I just couldn't believe it. I was cleaning some lines off an image and I had placed the paint on the railing along the sky walk. It's not very wide railing and I either didn't place it squarely on the rail or some movement I made bumped it off. Not sure! Doesn't really matter.


Susan responded with "Holy Mother of God!" which translates into, "You Stupid MoFo, you did it AGAIN?!"


It wasn't as much paint this time but it was still stressful and unbelievably stupid. I have no defense!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a white carpet and I wanted to paint it rea-ea -ea -ed. I'm lucky that the jar did not fall on my he -ea- ea -ed.

HOLY MOTHER OF GAWD, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOIN' NOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO PAINT THE WHOLE DAMN RUG MAROOOOIN!!!

I saw a railing with a broadness to it its wi-i - i - dth I set my paint down and proceeded to paint forthwi-i-i-th.

My MasterBlaster vibrated the damn jar off,
My wife then blasted me in 4 languages and ended in German DUMKOFFF!!!

I saw a white rug and I wanted to paint it re-e-e-e-ed .... fade out