Monday, November 07, 2011

Return to Standard Time

I love weekends that include accomplishment and beer. That describes our weekend perfectly.


Susan and I stayed up late (almost to midnight) on Friday and got caught up on some TV shows we DVR'd. 


Saturday was a day we had all to ourselves. We didn't have to go anywhere or do anything. Susan wallpapered and I worked in the yard with a brief diversion at Susan's car.

Her door handle had come loose and I have fixed it once so I knew better this time what I was doing. I ended up attaching the door handle to the thingy that came loose with JB Weld,  a remarkable adhesive that every home owner should have. I hope it holds this time.

After the car, I starting bagging leaves. I bought some super heavy duty garbage bags and I can really pack the leaves in. I'm going to load a few bags into the car and try to stop at the dump every morning this week. I have noticed that the trees did not produce a lot of chestnuts this year. Either that, or the squirrels have been very good at cleaning them up. Finally, they are good for something.

I flew the ghost one last time on Saturday night and we experimented with some glow sticks. The problem is the glow sticks get killed by cold temperatures so they really don't work that well.

I tore the whole thing down on Sunday and stowed it in the garage. The biggest problem I had was with one of the post holders that I pounded into the ground. The two that had 24 inch spikes pulled right out. The one that had the 36 inch spike totally wore me out. I finally got it but not before sweaqting through my clothes and dislocating my back. Next year, 24's all around.

No comments: