Tuesday, August 14, 2012

East Side Garden Wall Building Day 2

We had a productive evening of root removal tonight. I cut out a bunch more roots and broke the Sawzall in the process. I could not remove the blade when it was time to change it. I pulled the set screw completely out and it looked like there was something still in there preventing the blade extraction.

Fortunately, I pulled out the ax and it did the job quite nicely and with about the same amount of effort.

Then I rototilled the area and we dug out a vague outline of the trench.

Tomorrow we will place the stakes and set the line to the level we want and begin the process of preparing the previously mentioned trench.

If things go well, we could have this second wall completed by this weekend. I think I shall make that "the Goal".

Here are some pictures.
That is the start of East Wall. We have a long way to go.
This is the root pile that we have pulled out so far. That is all the roots we've pulled, from the west side as well as the east. It's going to make a great fire some day soon.
This log is actually a root that I cut out on Monday night. It's the biggest root I've ever seen, at least 5 inches across, and now has me slightly concerned for the stability of the tree.
This of course, is T.J. preparing to drive the truck to get a fish snack.

No comments: