Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend - Day One

8:10AM: It is the start of my four day weekend. I'm going to try and be productive and my coach to push me to be productive is this post. Let's see how much I accomplish.

Of course, one could postulate that while I am sitting here tapping away, I could be elsewhere being productive. What a maroon that person would be! Tapping away is the most productive thing I will do today. The stuff I tap away about is ancillary.

I have already been productive in that I have just returned from the Lowe's Home Improvement Center where money was spent and questioned where answered.

Now I have a Carriage House to clean and organize. But first...breakfast!

9:22 AM: I just got off the phone with the guy at Lowe's. I bought a bunch of metal caps for the arbor over the deck. I came across this idea a couple of weeks ago.

We were on a tour of homes and I noticed these caps on top of the beams. I knew that was exactly what I needed for our beams. 

Okay, it's after 9 and I gotta get to work.

11:48 AM: Here are a couple of shots of my progress. More to do! Gotta go!!!

2:23 PM: I have completed my task and am generally pleased. However, having the Carriage House being clean has led me to the Garage, which is the next nightmare. I need to try and do some work on it today, but first, the Hub Tavern.

5:00 PM: I don't think I'll get to cleaning out the garage today. I'm going to try and designate a block of time over the weekend to accomplish that task. It will require some time as I need to pull EVERYTHING out and try to reorganize it.
We ended the day with a Pit Fire and some roasted hot dogs. The Christmas Tree is now gone.

No comments: