Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Hump of Waverly Place

Last night, I put the chandelier back in the Living Room. The light was to make the decision for us as to whether or not we would have to re-plaster.
The chandelier has spoken. Loud and clear. The picture above shows the problem. We cannot have that hump stretch across the width of the living room. It will require us to plaster that area and smooth out the hump. The plastering shall commence this evening.

The weather here has been unbelievable. The temperature has been well into the 70's for several days. It's been tremendous. I had to install the white trash window air conditioner last night in order to sleep comfortably.

In turn, I turned the gas off to the furnace this morning. I'll have to check back in these posts to see if I have noted turning off the gas and when. I think this may be the earliest.

My Hops and Grape Vines are loving the sunshine. Too bad they only are exposed to it until noonish.
I've measured 9 inches of growth in one day on the Hallertau Hops plant. The plants shown in the photograph above are (from left to right) Gewurztraminer Grape, Sterling Hops, Sauvignon Franc Grape, Hallertau Hops, and Concord Grape.

On top of all this activity, we have a bunch of sky walk to get decorated. They are really keeping us busy. That's great for our bank account but not so good for our evenings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Livingroom ceiling hump: Dude, this is why professionals use resilient channel on the ceiling and NOT wooden strips: it saves massive labor and looks better when the job is done. I did TRY to tell you about that. The stuff is dirt cheap, and a cinch to put up. Too late, I know, but maybe they'll be another ceiling to hang in your future. May you live so long.
Cheers,
Your pal,
The Former Homerenovator