Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Not as Good as I Thought I Was

As I progress to installing more and more pieces of trim back into the Living Room, I see more and more stuff that I still have to do. I have a lot of small pieces of trim and base shoe that I haven't stained yet.

The other thing I am realizing is that I am not doing a good job of labeling and identifying the various pieces of trim I have removed. I keep coming across pieces of trim with nothing on the back to tell me where it goes.

I thought I had labeled EVERYTHING. I would have sworn to it. Oh well, it looks as though I'm going to miss "Handyman of the Year" again!

Three of the trim pieces I stained tonight are boards I had to do some major gluing repair too. I think they came out pretty good.

The one with the hole in it is where an outlet goes. It was split in a couple of places. I'll have to be careful when I nail them in place to keep them from further damage. Although, I think they are stronger where they are glued than they were before.

No comments: