Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday @ Home

I am home today, recovering from my surgical ordeal from Wednesday. I am pretty much recovered and should have gone to work today but I am waiting for the CenturyLink Technician to show up and fix the phone.

So I'm going to putter around the house today and see what I can get done. I have already shaved, showered and dressed so I am ready to face the bright sunny day that lays before me.

We still have a good solid 12 inches of snow on the ground and we are in the middle of a giant melt. As I said, it is sunny today and the temperature is currently 36 degrees on the iPod and 47 degrees on the StanOmeter 5000. Since the StanOmeter is mounted on the roof, I'm going to take that as a more accurate reading.

Time now for a waffle!

Ahhhhh! That was good. That and my coffee topped with Bailey's. I am satiated!

It's 9:20 and nothing from CentLink. I just went to their website and updated my appointment information and now I have been moved up to between 10:14AM and 11:10AM.

That means I can move on to a project.

Susan bought us a new faucet for the main floor bathroom that is more commensurate with the style of fixtures we already have in there.

We are replacing this
with this.
It's quite obvious that the faucet we originally installed is too modern looking for the space. Just look at the bathtub fixture.
That should be the guide for every other fixture in the bathroom.

So why don't I stop writing and get to work!

Okay! The faucet is in place but I need to get new hoses. The old faucet had hoses built in and this new faucet needs it's own independent hoses. Further, the hoses need to have an 1/8th inch connection at the shut off valve and 1/4 inch connection at the faucet shanks.

I cannot go and get the hoses yet because I'm still waiting for Century Link. It is now 10:14 and I need to recheck the website and see if I'm still on.

Okay the update has pushed me back to between 10:52AM and 11:48AM. 

10:18AM: I just got a call from the Tech. He's going to the box at their facility and another guy with the bucket truck is coming by the house.

10:45AM: The guys are here and the bucket truck guy is up the pole. The one tech told me he didn't think they needed to get into the house but I have unlocked the door just in case.

There is standing water everywhere which is going to be fun if a freeze returns, but so far, I don't think that is in the forecast.

No comments: