Monday, February 06, 2017

Still No Phone Service

A technician from CenturyLink was indeed scheduled to come by today and fix our phone. The appointment window was between 1 and 4. I left instructions with the Representative that the Technician was to call me a half hour before he was to arrive so I could get home. 

I had absolutely no confidence that the technician would call in advance and had I bet on it, I would have been rewarded handsomely. 

I have just got off the phone to arrange appointment number seven concerning this issue. I told them I would be home on Friday and they gave me an appointment window of 8:15 AM to 10:15 AM. I have never been given such a tight window.

Now it just remains to be seen if they follow through. Since my lack of confidence continues, I have a very low threshold of faith that they will follow through. 

Driving down the street feels like I'm driving through a war zone. There are ruts and potholes and all kinds of obstacles to overcome until one gets to a main street. Then the driving is fine. 

I was surprised to arrive home tonight and see the plows had been by. Even more surprising was to discover my driveway was not plowed in. Usually they leave a berm as they pass that the homeowner then has to dig out. But that was not the case today. 

I think I need to do a little investigating to make sure one of my neighbors didn't clear it for me.

No comments: