Saturday, February 04, 2017

Little Snow, BIG snow

It snowed for most of the day yesterday as well as into the night. It is still snowing right now but the flakes are very very small. I estimate we have six new inches on the ground. 

I need to get out there and fire up the snow blower. The added challenge today is that I am on the downhill slide of an outbreak of gout in my right knee. It's the worst I've experienced in years. More information about my gout is available on my health blog, www.porkymccorpulent.blogspot.com. 
I have been successful with the snow blow of my D.S.R.A. I was out there for about two hours. I did our driveway and the sidewalks on Wall, Cleveland and Waverly Place. I also did half the alley in order to keep it clear for Garbage Pick Up.
They are forecasting more snow tonight. As you can see from the picture above, we got seven inches here at the house. The news has said 7 to 12 inches have fallen.

I was wiped out when I finished and came in for a nap.

Our phone is out again and I'm waiting for a Technician from Century Link to show up. They set an appointment for today from Noon to Four. However, I got an automated call last night about 4:45 confirming the appointment and saying the tech would arrive between Noon and 7:28.

It is quarter after 6 right now and I'm about to call and find out if a tech is coming.

9:56PM: Once again, no technician. The lesson I have learned today is to call on the day of the appointment to ensure they are still coming.

No comments: