Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday @ Home

It is another sunny day so we shall be expecting the melt to continue.

I suddenly realized I never showed the end result of the new faucet. 
It came out fine but I have two problems that I need to deal with. 

The first problem was that I was not happy with the water pressure I was getting out of the tap. This turned out to be easily solved by removing the aerator and checking to see if it had a flow restrictor. 

It did not but just the act of pulling the aerator, letting the water run for a minute or so and reinstalling it was enough to markedly improve the water flow at the tap.

My other problem is simply an ascetic issue. The nice braided water lines I bought to supply water to the faucet are a little bit too long. I measured and figured for an 18 inch hose. Unfortunately, my choices were 20" or 16". I chose wrong.

So, at some point, I'm going to purchase 16 inch hoses and replace. If I was smart and frugal, I would do it today and return the 20" hoses. However, I am neither smart nor am I frugal. Additionally, I'm a heart patient. 

One of the drugs I take makes me very dizzy when I lie on my back and look up to work on something. I discovered this years ago when I crawled under a truck to change the oil and discovered I was getting nauseous from doing the work.

I felt the same effect yesterday and just don't feel like experiencing it again.

So today is a lazy Saturday with me doing little nothings around the house while Susan is preparing treats for tomorrow's Valentines Day celebration at church.

I am going to take a moment to pat myself on the back. I used the new shower this morning and while standing under the shower and looking out onto the new bathroom, I have to say that I am very happy with the results. 

Susan will be pissed off when she reads this because, technically, the bathroom is not finished. We still have to finish the trim around the window and door. We still need to build a little shelf under the window and we still need to place the shutters and remove the horrible cheap shower curtain that is presently serving as a curtain.

We also have a giant cupboard to build to hide the old stair space.

Even so, I am very pleased with the result. The bathroom is so much better than what we had. If you doubt that, look back to entries I made back in May of 2015.

On a totally different subject, I have a picture that is a good illustration of the amount of snow we have.
This is my neighbors garage and it clearly shows a snow depth of about 18 inches. I'll try to monitor this and use it as my snow gauge.

1 comment:

Callahan said...

Very, very cool! A job well done, S & S!!!