Saturday, February 25, 2017

Saturday Taskeria

Okay, I admit I made up the word Taskeria, featured in today's headline. Taskeria: (tas-KER-ee-ah) Verb :to do tasks.

You may recall that back on February 16th, I took this picture of the accumulation of snow on our neighbors garage.
Here is how it looks today, just nine days later.
So we have lost a lot of snow cover in a little over a week.

Still, the front yard has a healthy covering of snow. At least a good 10 inches.

Phil is coming over today to continue the tasks in the bathroom. 

One of the tasks being taskulated on is new shutters in the window. Well...new shutters to us. Susan found them in Des Moines  at an Antique Mall years ago knowing that they would go in the bathroom. 
Now we are faced with the project of making them work. She has already spent $30.00 on hinges that we can't use. One of Phil's tasks is to shave them just a little to make them fit in the space.

One of our discussions is how to attach them. We have been up to my Mom's house which is very shutter intensive, and they have a piece of trim attached to the window trim to which the shutters are attached.

Additionally, I have finally worked out a drawing for the shelf that will fill the space that is the entry to the old back staircase.

I am hoping Phil and I can go to the local large box store and buy the appropriate construction material to make this project happen and get Susan off my back...which is the guiding principle of my life.

2:03PM: Phil is not coming over today. He thought he said Sunday. I thought he said today. It's no problem because I'm flexible.

So I went off to the store to buy some beer making supplies and send a letter off to my son, Scott.

Now I'm going to do something else productive. Check the next paragraph to find out what it will be.

3:33PM: Susan and I have just returned from a walk around the park. It's the first time we have done it since before the snow flew. That's way back in November, probably.

I have also been vacuuming. I am done with the upstairs and am about to continue with the stairs and then the main floor.

5:43PM: I have finished with the stairs and a little of the main floor. I still have to get the living room and dining room, and probably the kitchen needs a once over as well. That may have to wait until tomorrow. 

I've got to get ready for Gonzaga's final regular season game. Mark is coming over with Pizza. I'm going to start brewing a new batch of beer while the game is on.

It's a home game and it's going to be historic if they beat BYU. They will finish their season as the Number One College team in the nation and undefeated at 30-0.

9:34PM: Denied! Gonzaga lost! They were in the lead by as much as 16 points at the start of the game and then it all just fell away.

That will be the end of their number one ranking but they will still be the number one seed in the WCC Tournament. If they win that, then they will be the number one seed in the West Division of the NCAA Tournament.


No comments: