Monday, February 20, 2017

Nous Allons Skier

Well, here we go! 

It's our first day up on the ski hill. It is raining here in town but apparently snowing heavily up on the mountain. I'm actually starting to see some breaks in the clouds and sun. I'm sure it will be foggy at Mt. Spokane. In fact, here is the webcam shot for 8:26AM.
I'm no meteorologist but I'm going to call that foggy.

In any event, I shall report back here upon our return and lay out all the steamy details.

Mark is late so we haven't left yet. I just updated my mountain info and got this picture.
It might be a decent day up there. Now if only Mark would show up.

Later that day: It turns out that Mark and I had a miscommunication. I thought he was coming here and he thought I was going there. It turns out that it made a lot more sense for me to go there, and I might have figured that out in a while.

Anyway, we got on the mountain at 11:00. It was kind of foggy but not so bad that it wasn't skiable. Being our first time up for the year, it was pretty apparent that we were not prepared for a long day of skiing.  I was having issues with my gout knee and being short of breath. But the good news was that there was no chest pain. Just a very very out of shape fat man. We skied four runs before going in for lunch.

After lunch, Mark and I decided we had to get in a couple more runs but Susan had had enough. By then it had started snowing but we needed those two runs.

So the manly men ventured out into the winter. It turns out we only needed one run but we got the two in. When I pulled up at the lodge, I knew I was done! 

We were pretty beat by the time we got home. We didn't even go to the Hub for beer. Instead, we limped into the hot tub. I commented that being in the hot tub at that time made it worth the other 350 days of the year that we didn't use it.

I think I'm going to be paying for this ski day for a while.

1 comment:

Callahan said...

Nous allons faire du ski.