Monday, January 15, 2018

Dish Success

It did not happen immediately and it was not a smooth transition but I am happy to say that the Dish guy showed up and we have Over The Air (OTA) channels.

The Technician got it all plugged in and it seemed to be receiving channels but it wasn't showing any of those channels to us. He said it probably needed to upgrade the internal software, which it would do overnight.

He gave me his cell phone number in case things did not go smoothly and he said he would return the next day if the update didn't work.

A couple of hours after he left, I was suddenly getting the over the air channels, but no programming information. A while after that revelation, the programming info started working. 

It seems like everything is hunky dory and I've had no reason to call Connor, the Dish tech guy.

I must say that I am pleased with the clarity of the picture. I didn't know what to expect but I am happy with things so far.

No comments: