Friday, January 12, 2018

Twenty-Four Hours Later

I have the night to myself and I am trying to make the most of it. That means there has to be some work and some play. I have some drawing to do that actually pays me and I want to get everything together to hang Susan's Quilt. (More on that when it happens)

Yesterday at this time, it was thick with winter outside. Just 24 hours later and it has turned to slop. It is one of the unusual times when I timed things just right. It snowed. I blowed. It turned to rain.
Everywhere I removed snow is bare this evening. That means I am ready for the snowfall, which I'm hoping is tomorrow.
The neighborhood is looking pretty peaceful tonight. It's a night like this that makes me happy I live here. It's a perfect night to drink a beer, make a fire, putter around the house and then fall asleep in front of the TV.

Before I do that, I have a couple jobs to do.

Later: I got everything together to hang Susan's Quilt tomorrow. I got her the hardware for Christmas and tomorrow is the day to get it up.

I also did a little work on a series of architectural renderings I'm doing for a local guy who is writing a book on construction techniques.

I spent the rest of the night sitting next to the fire with a glass of wine in a darkened living room listening to random music from my i-pod. It was delightful. 

I was sitting there with only the fire lighting the room and thinking about how lucky we are to be living here. 

No comments: