Saturday, January 06, 2018

Winter Mower Maintenance and Stuff

It has turned quite sloppy out in the world. The temperature is above 32 and all the snow is slowly melting away, leaving puddles everywhere. It's quite a mess. However, the driveway is clearing and that's a good thing.

I ran a bunch of errands today including taking my mower in for a service. When I bought it two years ago, I got coupons for free service, providing I bring it for service in January or February. When selling me the mower, the guy sold this as a great extra benefit. 

When I dropped it off today, the guy behind the counter wasn't quite selling it with the same zeal. He said it's a "production line maintenance" procedure where they sharpen the blade and check the oil.

I explained that the mower was difficult to start. It took several pulls on the cord to get it going. Having that problem resolved was not included in the coupon deal. To be fair, I did not expect it to be. 

In the end, it looks like it's going to cost me $30.00.

My other big accomplishment of the day was getting some firewood re-stacked. I have already gone through most of the wood I split back in October and stacked by the back door. 

I had more wood that I ended up piling at the back of the house and throwing a tarp over it. That's the wood I added to my orderly stack at the back door. I got almost the whole pile. I will finish it tomorrow.

I also got most of the Christmas Decorations moved up to the upstairs of the Carriage House.

No comments: