Monday, February 11, 2019

Another Day, Another Se7en Inches

It's my day off but there was no sleeping in for me. I had to get up and face the consequences of not snow blowing last night.

It was a good thing I didn't because it just would have been wasted effort. I went out this morning to bright blue skies and seven inches of snow.

I'm going to have to take the snow blower in for service. It ran but not that great. I had it on full choke for most of the time. It runs great for the first five or ten minutes and then begins to run like crap.

In the meantime, I have to take Oscar to the Vet for his annual check up. He is almost 19 and starting to act like it.

10:24AM: Oscar was down three pounds, from 11 to 8 and had a heart murmer, so we put him down. 

Just kidding! I left him at the Vet for the day though. They wanted to get a blood test and a urine sample and possibly an x-ray so I'm going back at 4:30.

I'm going to go back outside and finish up my snow blowing. Hopefully the machine will run good enough for a few minutes for me to finish up.

3:16PM: My first order of business after writing that last paragraph was to take a nap. After that refreshing event, I decided I had to get outside and get some stuff done.

I shoveled the deck and got most of the snow off. It still looks like a mess out there, but with less snow.

Then I fired up the snow blower and tried to finish my rounds. I got mostly finished but not quite. My big concern is that there is more snow coming...tonight. In fact, it has started, although not very intense.

My last job was to get an extension cord up to the roof where I have a snow melt cord in the valley of the roof.
You can see the cord hanging there, right next to that giant icicle. I had to break out the ladder and get up there to attach the extension cord. Hopefully, the melt cord will eliminate the icicle.

This summer, I'm going to have to make a project of getting that melt cord wired into the house. There is going to come a time when this tired old man won't be able to get up there.

Anyway, everything is ready for the next round of snow, which they say will be tonight. Oh Joy!

No comments: