Saturday, February 16, 2019

Snow Blow Doctor

Since Thursday when my neighbor snow blowed my S.R.A., it has snowed a couple more inches. It has been lightly snowing all morning but no major accumulations so far. 

I broke out the snow blower and got to work on my driveway and sidewalks, I ignored the rest of the neighborhood that I usually do because of mechanical difficulties and the fact that the neighbors did their sidewalks themselves.

As in the recent past, the snow blower ran good for about ten minutes, allowing me to get the driveway cleaned off. Then it started running rough and I had to choke the hell out of it to limp it through the rest of the way. I managed to clean up my area and then set to the task of loading the snow blower into the car...by myself.

I use a long sturdy plank and slowly slide/drag it into the back of my SUV. My repair guy, Richard is just at the top of the hill off Monroe. I explained the problem and he said that doesn't make any sense. He helped me unload it and said he would have it by Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Any snowfall in the meantime is going to have to be taken on with shovel and muscle. I have a shovel. Fortunately, the forecast calls for little snow but colder temperatures.

No comments: