Friday, February 08, 2019

February Snow Day

When I got up at 5 this morning, it was not snowing. But by the time I stepped out of the shower, it was coming down. I had a light dusting of snow on the car when I left for work. It has kept snowing all day. It is now just after 1:00 and the snow continues. I only worked half a day today so I am home early to attend to snow matters.
I just measured 3 inches of very light fluffy snow. I'm trying to decide when to get out there and start snow blowing. 

I think I will run to the store and then evaluate the situation when I return.

Later: It is now approaching 4:00 and the snow blowing is complete. It appears the snow has stopped as well but not before I completed the blowing.

I'm still concerned about my snow blower performance. It died on me three times and without the assist of the electric start (which requires an extension cord) it is very difficult to start by hand. 

I broke a shear pin on one of the augers so I'm going to have to fix that issue. But the more major concern is the way the motor is running. It starts out okay but starts surging and dying after a while. When I get it restarted, it seems to run okay for a bit but them resumes the surges.

In any event, I have fulfilled my duty to the neighborhood for now and am waiting for the next storm to come.

No comments: