Saturday, February 09, 2019

Winter Wonder Difficulties

As one may recall from the previous post, we are deep into snow season. 

The snowfall took a break yesterday afternoon but took up where it left off overnight. 
Here is a good indication of total snowfall over the last 30 hours. I am guessing there is about 8 inches piled on that chair seat. I'll try to get out there and get a measurement but for now, I am spent! Snow blowing is taking its toll on me.

I got up at 9 and preceded to get to work on my S.R.A. (Snow Removal Area). Immediately I had a problem because I had to do some snow blower maintenance. I broke a shear pin yesterday and that required a trip to the General Store. I got there only to realize I did not bring my wallet.

So I slipped and slid my way back home to collect my money and returned to the General Store. I made note of their mocking attitude toward me. As I walked in, they had brand new snow blowers on display with a sign that touted, "No Shear Pin Needed".

Kiss my Ass!

I purchased two because you always want a backup to avoid situations such as I was facing now.

Unfortunately, I bought the wrong size. It wasn't like they were unusable but I will have to return and buy the right size at a later time that is not now.

The snow blower ran great today except for right at the end of my job when it started to sputter and surge. I turned the choke way up and that worked through the problem. Still, I need to have it looked at.

Right now the sun turning the neighborhood into a Winter Wonder Place of snow and wonder.
Take a look for yourself.

I will definitely be returning to the General Store to buy more Shear Pins. I broke the other one while out on my rounds. However, as previously stated, I am spent. Time to decompose and read the paper.

No comments: