Sunday, February 10, 2019

Multi-Task Guy

12:00 Noon: We came out of church this morning to discover we are not out of the snow zone yet.

It is currently coming down at a pretty good pace.  And to quote an old Native American saying: "Big Snow, Little Snow - Little Snow, Big Snow".

We have little snow (small snow flakes) coming down right now so I'm looking for big snow (A lot on the ground). I read in the paper that they are forecasting three more inches.
This is how it looks out there. I'm not sure this picture really shows the snow very well. Trust me when I tell you that it is indeed snowing.

My project for the day (while Susan is working a kids show at the arena, PJMasks Live) is to defrost the freezer downstairs. I'm about to go out and collect a couple of ice chests from the Carriage House. I shall then fill them with the bounty of the freezer. Then I shall unplug the freezer and let it melt.

I'll be taking advantage of the chilly temperatures to keep the frozen stuff frozen. Yup, I'm going to leave the ice chests out in the yard.

2:40PM: I'm planning on heading out to snow blow in about 20 minutes. I have been multi-tasking like crazy. I am defrosting the freezer.
I was able to get everything into two coolers.  I had no idea how much food we have. Let an emergency happen. We're going to be okay. 

I have a heater in front of the freezer right now so I'm hoping that will speed the defrostion. I've been chipping away at some of the larger ice flows but I also need to get a pan on the bottom to keep the water contained as the ice melts. 

I was going to dump a nearly full keg of home brew that has been sitting under pressure but outside the fridge for a couple of months. I tried it and it's not bad. I put it back under pressure and back in the fridge.

I also have been vacuuming the basement stairs. That's something that never gets done. 

On top of all this, I've got "The Roy Rogers Show" on FETV. Roy was a Saturday morning favorite of mine even though the original run of the show was eight to ten years earlier in 1954.

The show is ridiculous to the point of hilarity. Even more than Batman. The acting is horrible, the plot juvenile, and the premise is totally out of sync with history. Roy and Dale live in Mineral City sometime around 1950 but they act as if they lived in an old western town. They live on a ranch but they talk on the phone. They carry guns on their belts and they ride horses everywhere they go. Except for Roy's "Comic Sidekick" Pat Brady. He drives a jeep. Her name is Nellie Bell. She comes to him when he calls her. She also belches smoke and steam whenever Roy or Dale make a snide remark about her.

3:50 PM: I went out to blow the snow but it started coming down again. I did a little light n' tight touch up shoveling. That's where you shovel the areas most critical. Back door to garage, front steps and walk, that sort of thing. I guess I'll try to blow again after returning from the Hub. I want to get at this snowfall as soon as I can because it sounds like there is another coming tonight. 

I just looked out and the snow coming down is really really small. We might get buried!

No comments: