Sunday, March 03, 2019

Three Day - 2

The Zags won. I don't recall the score but it was a 20 point margin. The first half was very close and St Mary's led for a time. They were almost tied at halftime.

We wanted to go to the 1313 Club, a bar in the heart of downtown Wallace. We procured a parking spot right out front, but there was no good seat for watching the game. The place was packed.

So we drove to the City Limits Brew Pub and got a good seat there in front of their giant projection screen TV.

We had a couple of micro brews, watched the game and enjoyed a fabulous dinner. Like usual, I ate too much.

Then we returned to our room and fell asleep in front of Saturday Night Live. A good first day of our Three Day Vacation.

As for today, the skies are blue, the air is cold and we are ready to ski.

I am sitting here with my very hot travel mug of coffee and Bailey's. I have surveyed the Lookout Web Site to discover bright blue skies, lots of snow and not very much in the way of temperature. It's 2 degrees. Here's a picture from the website.
Camera option
We will be having breakfast at the Red Light Garage. The people that own the restaurant also own the Hercules Inn, where we are staying.

If I'm not too tired at the end of the day, I'll relay some details and some pictures.

4:30PM: We have returned from a great, if not chilly day of skiing. I think the highest the temperature got was 15 degrees. That was according to the mini thermometer on my ski suit. 

It was a gorgeous day but cold. I had to stop a lot just to get rid of the ice cream headache I developed as I skied.

We're going to nap for a couple of hours and then go tear up the town of Wallace on a Sunday night.

7:26PM: We are back in our home away from home. We just got out of the hot tub. It is tremendously cold going to and from the tub. I had to wonder if it was really worth it.

Now we are going to settle for the night and watch some telly.


No comments: