Friday, March 22, 2019

Partying with Vernal

We are in the midst of the En See Double Aa's Basketball tournament and a couple days into to the visit from my pal Vernal. Vernal comes for a visit and I want to start doing stuff again.

I started this evening by inaugurating Barbecue season.
It grilled up some asparagus and a nice juicy steak. So we know I got stinky pee in my future.

Susan is working the first game of the Hockey Playoffs so I'm on my own tonight and intent on being productive. 

After such a great meal, I'm ready to take on a project.
This is the project and it is Susan's fault. I can say that because she's working and not here to read it. The other reason I can say it is because IT'S TRUE!

When we were gutting the room and taking down all the lath and plaster, Susan said to leave this baseboard chunk of plaster alone and we'll put baseboard over it. Well, it is not flush with the wall, jutting out past the dry wall by an eighth of an inch. 

So she said it needs to come out. 

To my shame, I knew it should not have been left and my penalty for not making a stand to remove it in the first place is having to fix it.

Fortunately, it came out pretty easily. The hardest part of the project was cleaning up. Next I need to russle up some dry wall.


No comments: