Sunday, October 11, 2020

A Sunday in Autumn

Since I announced the end of Summer in the last post, I decided it was time to do some end of Summer yard work. I didn't rake any leaves. I don't see the point yet. Besides, the rain made them wet and heavy. More rain is coming and will probably knock down a bunch more leaves.

I concentrated on the hops and the grape vines. I cut the grape vines waaaaaay back and pulled down the hops.

I also started cutting the trim for the front window in the TV Room. I have three of five strips prepped. I had to stop because Lou came over to help with the door.

First he used his door planers to even up the strip of wood we glued to the door.

Then he clamped a board on the door to use as a guide for making a nice clean cut on the edge.

It took a couple of cuts but we (Lou) made it fit.

I'm quite happy to have salvaged this mistake. Obviously, we still have some work to do. Sanding, painting and filling some holes.

Susan cannot give up on the floor we damaged when we reinstalled the radiator. She just worked on this little strip and I can't say she dramatically improved it.

The improvement that made a difference was painting the crown molding.

All the little imperfections have disappeared with a fresh coat of paint. Nice job, Susan.

No comments: