Thursday, October 15, 2020

Mulling Over the Boiler Game

I am thinking that the Boiler Game will end tonight. 

It was a little on the nippy side in the house last night. We had the space heater going in the kitchen and it kept us comfortable but I think we are getting to the point where we need the extra boost. Of course, turning on the boiler is quite a boost to our Avista bill as well.

I just checked our bill on line and we have a $32.00 credit. That bodes well for starting off a new season of consuming mass quantities of natural gas.

I'll have to talk to Susan tonight to see what she thinks. The longer we hold off, the more money we save.

6:00PM: The Boiler Game is over! It ended at 5:38 PM today. 

I talked to Susan about it when I got home and we decided it was time. I took her downstairs with me because I don't think she has ever seen how to restart the gas and turn on the furnace. Everything went smoothly and almost all of the radiators heated up. I have two that don't seem to warm up. There was no leaking.


For the eighth year in row, the winner of the Boiler Game was Hugh G. Rection of Altoona, PA. Mr. Rection's guess was September 2nd at 12 midnight. That's not very close to the actual date and time but as in years past, Mr. Rection was the only person to enter.

No comments: