Saturday, October 17, 2020

Post Anniversary Post

A rather non productive day around the house as Autumn is setting it's clutches into the scenery.

I have no idea why that would lead us to be non productive, and in fact, we were a little productive.

Susan continued work on her floor repair project and I worked on the closet door, sanding it smooth and filling the old screw holes. It is almost ready to paint.

It's kind of dangerous to walk up our walkway. The chestnuts have been raining down and they are everywhere.

I just had some kids come by asking to rake leaves. I told them I'm waiting for more to fall before I tackle the yard.

Our marriage turned 16 yesterday. Quite an achievement for both Susan and I. We are celebrating tonight with a night out to our new  place we visited once and liked, the Texas Roadhouse.

It's quite an ordeal to get in there. We call in to get on the Wait List. We want to go about 7 so I'm calling to get on the list at 6. By then it should be a good 45 minutes to an hour wait.

When we arrive after our appointed wait time, we check in at the front door. Then they will tell us to wait in the car until we get a text telling us it's our turn.

We're heading to the Hub first for a pre-anniversary beer.

8:35PM: We have returned from the Texas Roadhouse. We waited all of five minutes before we were seated. I find my opinion is not the same as last time. My steak was okay but not rare as requested. The other thing I noticed is that their food is really salty. The mushrooms they served with my steak were heavily salted. The Baked Potato skin is waaaay to salty and so I didn't eat that.

The salad was really good though.

No comments: