Sunday, October 25, 2020

Snow Fall Out

Yesterday's paper said that we set a record for the most snow in a single day for October. The paper also mentioned that we received 3.3 inches of snow last year on October 6th. So this wasn't the earliest snow fall of size, but it was biggest.

There are tree branches all over town that have fallen. We lost several branches off the big maple tree on the west side of the house. Upon further inspection, we have a couple of branches that have snapped but not fallen. They are leaning up on the roof around the area of the chimney.



Above are some pictures of the damage. You can see that the one big branch that snapped off is still up and needs to come down. I'm calling Randy the Insurance Guy tomorrow.

This early snow has really caught me off guard. I haven't shut off the water to the outside faucets although I was smart enough to disconnect the hoses and put the sprinklers away.

I also need to put the rain barrels away for the season. Unfortunately, they seem to full of frozen water and are not likely to be moved anytime soon. I'm hoping we will be having a warming trend in the next couple of weeks that will help me out.

My organizational skills were put to the test today as I attempted to find a cord of heat tape that I wrap around the faucet in the backyard. It took me a while because I did not remember where I stored it and it wasn't in any of the places I looked first. But I found it. That's another 40 minutes I wasted.

By now, I would imagine I've wasted a year of my life looking for stuff that I didn't put away properly.

No comments: