Monday, April 26, 2021

Vacation - Eight Days Left

I'm not going to go into details but Blogger has a problem with their editing software. If I add pictures or images of any kind, I have to come back and edit after publishing the post because the type size is all messed up. It's annoying but I don't know how to fix it and they don't seem concerned.

Hi, how ya doing? I'm on my Monday of Vacation Week. Today I got up and got vaccinated. So far, no repercussions from the second Moderna shot. I'm happy for that.

After the shot, went north to the County Dump Site and got rid of 300 pounds of leaves. My car does not smell like dirt but I did get my shirt and jeans all dirty.


Did I mention there were nine bags and they were really packed in?

On my return home, I stopped at Winco Foods to get some peanuts for the squirrels and some decafe coffee for me.

By then, it was well past time for breakfast so I indulged myself at Dolly's Cafe. Eggs Benny - Good!

I took a trip to the valley to see about getting my tool belt repaired. It's the one I use at work and I had worn out the pocket where I clipped my measuring tape. I have been lamely clipping my tape to the belt itself but it never sat right and would fall off ALL THE TIME!!!

The guy at Indiana Harness trimmed a little leather, put in some new rivets, charged my five dollars and sent me on my way.

With that completed, it was time to work in the yard. 

I'm going to attempt for about the fifth time to fill in this bare section of dirt, which should be grass. I spent two hours out there turning the soil, loosening the soil, and mostly hitting roots.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get some Peet Moss and mix it in with some garden dirt I bought. Then I'll throw in the seeds and see what happens.      

No comments: