Saturday, April 24, 2021

Vacation: T-Minus Ten Days

 I'm off of work for the next ten days. I plan to get a lot of stuff done. Here is my list.

  • Complete work on windows in TV Room
  • Cut down dead Arbor Vitae at back of house
  • Clean up wood pile
  • Take a load of crap to the dump
  • Go canoeing on Little Spokane
  • Clean hot tub, fill it and have technician look at heater short out
  • Annual Majorie Arndt Pool Plunge - April 29th
  • Reorganize Carriage House Main floor
  • Remove Weather Station TriPod from roof
  • Remove Heat Cable from roof
I will be adding to the list as I discover more items but that should keep me busy for a couple of days.

2:01PM: I went out about 10 and got to work on the dead Arbor Vitae. That was probably the easiest thing to accomplish on my list. 

It took about 5 minutes to cut it down and 30 minutes to clean it up.



I then worked on the wood pile and I am happy with the progress there.


I intended to go out to the Little Spokane and drop the canoe in the water. But the water coming down from the sky changed that plan. Instead, I went to the General Store and bought some dirt.

Next I stopped and took some pictures of the White Elephant. It was an iconic Spokane Army Surplus store that closed last year. The building is going to be torn down soon and I wanted pictures.

I decided to use some free pizza slice coupons we had and grab some pizza and eat it at the Hub. While at the Hub, I watched a spring college playoff game between North Dakota State and Eastern Washington University. EWU was ahead for most of the first half but NoDak caught up and overtook them (21-20) just as the half ended.

I'm back at home now and writing this update.

It kind of feels like it's time for nap.


No comments: