Friday, April 30, 2021

Vacation - Four Days and it's Over

I have just gotten up and begun my day. I got up because I had to get the garbage out. But Susan did it when she left for work. I guess I could go back to bed, but I'm already up and have a nap scheduled in a couple of hours.

So, my first thing this morning is to shave off the goatee.

Well, almost.

I'm going to shave the Custer chin off tomorrow. I don't even feel comfortable being seen in public with this look. But it's okay for a comedy value here on the blog.

Now I'm going to take my new look and run over to the General Store to buy an air filter for the car. Then I'm going to drop my car off for a tune up. It's not running great and there is something wrong when starting it. It takes about three tries. It might be serious. It could well be the end of the car.

10:45AM: The car is over at the oil change place. It's costing $200.00 because I'm having them replace a belt. Every time I go to one of these oil change huts, I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

While the car is being worked on, I'm going to work on the front window in the TV Room. 'Bout time! 

Hey! I just thought of something. Anywhere I go out there in public, I'm going to be wearing a mask, so it doesn't matter what ridiculous style I come up with for my chin.

1:12PM: I'm back with the car and it still has a problem with starting. I didn't expect the Oil Change guys would be able to look at it. I'll try to take it in next week.

I got the windows done but not really. I still need to do some work on the locking clasp. It's not a good fit yet.

I guess I'll get the deck chairs down from the Carriage House.

1:31AM: Okay. That's done! I've got a few more little things to do and one of them is going to be the Hub Tavern.

3:48PM: Turns out I haven't made it to the Hub yet. Susan is home now so it is time to start celebrating the weekend. And that will happen at the Hub.    

No comments: