Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Vacation - Se7en Days Left

 Waking up at 7:00 is so civilized and a wonderful way to start the day. I'm not prompted by an alarm to get up. I'm not thinking about my agenda for the day. I just get up when I'm ready. Coincidentally, I'm ready at 7.

Now, time to think about the agenda. It's a nice day out so I'm going to get some paint on the deck railing. This is something we have learned we need to do every other year. The railing is just too exposed, too abused by the elements of the earth warming around it on an ever growing basis for the paint to stick around for very long. And so, we adapt, we overcome, we improvise, and the railing gets painted.

I really want to make it out to the Little Spokane and drop the canoe in the river. I think I will schedule that for tomorrow at some point. 

I also need to acquire some peat moss. I want to mix it into the front yard dirt patch before I lay down the seed.

For now, I'm eating some bacon, enjoying a nice cup of decaf coffee with Irish Cream generously slopped in and reading the newspaper.

9:28AM: I clean and refreshed and I have a clean shower. I always wait too long to clean the shower.

I just turned on the tractor sprinkler in the backyard and I'm warming some more coffee to keep me company as I hand water the parking strip on Wall street. It gives me a nice chance to be contemplative whilst accomplishing an task. My next task, and it is no minor feat, is to find the right color of paint I'm going to use on the deck railing.

10:42AM: I found the paint with alacrity, sagacity, and my thesaurus. I just finished my coffee on the front porch. It is a great looking day, perfect for painting a rail. Here I go!

5:16PM: I did great on the railing.






It's not an intensive re-paint. Just getting the rails looking good.

I made it to the Hardware store and found peat moss. I had to make a second trip because I forgot to bring a $10.00 off coupon I had.

I stopped my the house of my pal Jerry, only to learn they are packing up the stuff and leaving town for a year. He and Janet are letting their new pastor live there for a year. They are going to travel around in the motorhome he's had for a few years. Catch later, Jer!

I got the peat moss spread and it pretty much filled up my bare patch. I need to get another bag and some more grass seed. But my patch has a head start.

I climbed up on the roof and retrieved my weather station. Most of the components on it stopped working a while ago. The wind speed directional indicator hasn't work for over a year. The rain gage kind of worked. I think only the thermometer worked.



I got some nice pictures though.

When Susan got home and went out for her run, I decided to hop on the bike and go for three laps around the park. That's three miles to you and me.

It was a bit of a workout and it definitely gave me a workout. The good news is that my feet didn't hurt when I was done.

No comments: