Sunday, April 25, 2021

Vacation - Nine Days Left

 The weather did not cooperate with my plans yesterday so I had to do things like, go to the Hub and eat pizza. I also took a nap.

Today does not look promising for a great weather day as well so I plan to work on the windows in the TV Room. I have to fix a glitch I caused on one window. When I placed the side jamb on the window, I put it in too tight and now the window won't open all the way up. I have to pull the side jambs and reset them. Then I'll be adding a handle and a sash lock.

I would also like to spread some garden dirt I bought yesterday and get some grass seed down on a bare patch of the lawn.

I'm not going to get any of that done if I keep sitting here posting this important information. It's 11:11 AM. Let's see how I do!

3:03PM: Here's what happens when I'm not paying attention to Home Remodeling projects.

You get curtain rods installed in all the wrong ways.

It's supposed to be like this.

The rest of the work I did was outstanding.

It was pretty easy to remove the side jambs and replace them so the window opens and closes easy. Not that we'll ever open it, I think.


I got the handles on both windows and the locking cleat on the east facing window. I need to do a little more work to get the front window complete. I realized I still needed to stain the side jambs for the front window. The fact that I found them out in the Carriage House is pretty fantastic. They've been out there all winter.

Speaking of staining, it's one of the things I do best. Especially to shirts and certain parts of my pants.


Here is proof that I have the side jambs for the front window and they are now stained.
The curtain in the middle will go at the top of the north facing window and a longer lace curtain will take it's place. But hell, it's a start.

Susan is outside doing in little house plant gardening. She is cutting off a lot of growth.

Here it is just after 3 and I have met my goals. That means I need new goals.

4:09PM: Susan is finishing up her plant work and I have just finished loading 9 large garbage bags of leaves into my car. I'm going to take them to the county dump site out by Chattaroy in the morning. I have to be out north for my second Covid vaccine so I'm trying to be efficient. That efficiency means my car is going to smell like dirt in the morning. Even worse, I don't think I'll have time to do the dump first and make it to get my vaccine at the appointed time. I'll have to do the vaccine first. Which means I'll smell like dirt at the vaccine office.

In any event, it is time to visit the Hub.

No comments: