Friday, August 04, 2023

Corner Cabinet Victory

I am working on finishing up our work from last night.

Shaun got here about 5 last night and we glued up the skins on the end of the island, cut down and placed all the corner cabinets and hung the frame for the ironing board closet.

This morning, I went to hang the cupboard door on the iron board closet and could not get it to line up. I realized I was going to have to carve out the plaster next to the frame because the hinges were deeper than the depth of the frame.

It took just a little work with my matte knife and my putty knife. But I made it work.

Now the new door looks pretty good and it matches everything else.

Next up, I need to get all the draw pulls in place and reinsert the drawers into the cabinets.

10:52AM:I had a little trouble with the drawers. One would not suck in evenly. I tried all the adjustments and can’t quite figure it out.

The drawer pulls went on okay but are quite tight. However, they are in and I will deal with the imperfections later.





No comments: