Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Gas Cheese Eggs

This morning, I cooked my cheese eggs on the new gas cooktop. It was great to have a counter to work on and I love how quickly the gas heats the pan and the food. We just have to fix this leak problem.

I left the gas on and by the time I finished eating my eggs, I could smell it. It was faint but it was there.

So the gas is off again and I am waiting to hear from my professional gas guy as to when he will show up and seal my leak.

I think we are safe to cook on it. We just have to shut down the gas line when we are finished. Fortunately, the shut off is right there below the cooktop in the cabinet.
I am also anticipating that today is the last day we will be washing dishes in these buckets. Tracy the Plumber is coming tomorrow and then my desire for a working kitchen will come to fruition.

I hope!

I think we are now ready to fill the cabinets with all the stuff still sitting in the living room. I’m letting Susan figure out where everything goes and I’ll just be “the muscle”, such as I am.

10:24AM: The forecasts have been threatening rain for several days and now, it is finally here. I’m sitting on the front porch on a relatively cool but pleasant morning enjoying my coffee and the sound of the rainfall plus the scent of fresh, clean air.

This storm seems to be passing but maybe there’s more to come.

My professional gas guy is coming Friday between 10 and noon. So the ribbon cutting for the functioning kitchen is scheduled for 1:00 on Friday.

I will say it again. Our long national nightmare is almost over.

12:51PM: We have some wine to bottle. So I have been down in the basement cleaning bottles. I have discovered that I need some Sodium Meta Bi-Sulphite. That means I need to head to Brewing Store out in the Valley.

As long as I am out there, I need to go to Idaho and gas up. Gas is 40 cents per gallon less than in Washington.

No comments: