Saturday, August 12, 2023

Kitchen Love and the Wood Pile

I love this new kitchen. I cooked our standard, Saturday morning breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I made messes all over the place and quickly cleaned them up because I had a sink near by.

When you go six months and eleven days without a kitchen, you really appreciate having it back.

The one problem I am wrestling with concerns the cooktop.

This one burner does not work consistently. The problem is the igniter. You are supposed to push down on the knob the start the igniter and then turn he knob to the left to start the gas flow, at which time, the burner should ignite.

This lower left knob does not always engage the igniter when I push down on it. If I give it a little jiggle, it usually starts. The other fix is to depress one of the other knobs and then turn the lower left knob to get the gas to flow. All igniters fire regardless of the knob you turn.

My dilemma is whether this is a big enough issue to return it. The unit works, but it’s not quite right.

I’m reluctant to undue the fittings and have to repack the thing over what really is a small issue. It’s just that it’s not quite right.

Earlier in the week, I stated that I would have this wood pile cleaned up by Friday…yesterday.

I’m going to try and honor that statement today.

The side benefit will be getting good and sweaty so the pool will be all that more refreshing.


My wood pile is growing and the other one is shrinking.

I’ve only been out there for an hour and it doesn’t feel like I’ve made a lot of progress. I’m just taking a break right now and then I’ll get back to it. I am accomplishing my goal of getting very sweaty. The pool will be amazing.

While I’m doing all this work in the yard, Susan is continuing the task of figuring out where everything goes in the kitchen. During the process, she is discovering all the duplicate items we have as well as the use things we bought over the years that we never use. Things like microwave egg poachers and tiny little digital timers. She still has a long way to go.

2:20PM: The area is pretty well cleaned up. I still have the skeletal remains of a cabinet out there that needs to be cut up but I’m not doing that today. It is time for the pool.

No comments: