Monday, January 15, 2024

Frozen Day Three

We’re on Day Three of no water. I have put space heaters in all the cold crawl spaces and I’m still frozen up. It has not been pleasant. 

I called a plumber just now and they are getting me into their schedule. I hope they will be here today but I don’t know that yet. As you can imagine, they are busy right now with temperatures hovering at zero.

I managed to find a leak in the line. Fortunately, it’s in a valve so my hope is that can be fixed fairly easily. 

I don’t know if we have any other cracked pipes. I’m hoping we don’t but am worried we do.

3:30PM: I just got the call that the Plumber is on the way. All we can do now is think positive thoughts. Ooh! There’s the doorbell,

It’s 4:30 right now and there are two plumbers downstairs and, like me, they have no clue why we don’t have water. I have them working for 1 hour to see what they can do but time is running out and they can’t figure it out. It’s going to cost us $461.00 for no results.

This is a real pisser!

Three minutes after I wrote that last line, the water started running. Thank you, Lord and Platinum Mechanical. They got it working with 18 minutes to spare.

I’m going to go take a shower.

No comments: