Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Snow Throw Mo New

I am happy to report good but expensive news on behalf of the snow blower.

I got a call from Roger at Ace’s Valley Power Tool and Repair on Monday and he said he had a snow blower there that he could cannibalize and make mine almost like new. It would cost just over $500.00. (It’s like he knew my number.)

He sounded very excited about the whole affair and the tone in his voice convinced me to go with it.

I got the call yesterday that it was ready and I drove out there today to get it.

Roger was right. It’s like a whole new machine. Along with the axle replacement, he gave me larger tires, a new breaker bar, new auger belts and he replaced the plug for the electric start feature, which had lost the grounding connection.

The auger housing has been replaced which is a different color (Orange) than my old green housing and he put in a new blade as well. It also has brand new shoes which really needed replacement.

The total was $539.35. I was happy to pay it and it seems my 25 year old snow blower has been given new life.

The fact that I have had this work done almost guarantees there will be no more snow this season.

No comments: