Friday, August 01, 2008

Lawn Wars & Obe Wan Carriage House



My last rant gave me the impetus I needed to do something about the crappy yard. I made one small step forward. I tried seeding this bombed out area of the lawn. I shall watch it closely over the next few days to see what happens. As for the rest of it, I'll keep pouring on the water. We are all set to put a new door in the Carriage House this weekend. This all started when we decided we really needed to get the Carriage House painted. The alley side of it is in bad shape. When we hit it with the pressure washer, the paint will just disintegrate off the wood. So, as a prelude to painting, we started looking at some of the things we want to do with the building, and one of those things is to put a nice set of French Doors in the middle and move the windows to where the doors were. If we are going to paint, we should do that work now.

And so, here we go!

No comments: