Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day Home Repair

You know, I still have a leaky faucet to deal with. I decided to go a different repair route. A route that is friendlier...not so much to the environment, but to me.

I mixed up some JB Weld on Tuesday and applied it to the inside of the faucet pipe. I tried to cover as much of the inside and as far back as possible. I spread a little around where I knew the crack was.

Then last night, I screwed the faucet into place and turned to water on. To my pleasure and amazement, it worked. I cannot see any leakage. This outcome also caused me to feel even more stupid concerning my attempts at a more aggressive repair method.
And now, it's time for a Hops Plant update.
Pictured below is my Sterling Hops plant. It has taken off this year. The vines are much thicker and they are growing at an incredible rate.
Notice the black marks on the support stick the vine is wrapping around. I marked it this morning at the top. There is a mark about four inches below that I made yesterday. It is really cruising. And this is even with a broken stem near the bottom of the plant. You can kind of make out the damage right at the bottom of the picture.The photograph above shows my Haullertau Hops Plant. It is not growing as fast but it is starting to catch up with the Sterling. Additionally, it is sending up about se7en vine shoots as opposed to the two of three shoots that the other plant is sprouting.

I still see no signs of life in either of my grape vine plants of the Clematis. The winter might just have done them in.

No comments: