Friday, April 10, 2009

More Signs of Life

I have been keeping an eye on my hops and grape vines that I planted last year. So far, I have seen very little evidence that they survived the winter...until last night. It looks like the hops is starting to push out some healthy looking buds. I doused them in Miracle Grow and we'll see how they do.

The great weather continues and it is very conducive to getting out in the yard and cleaning up every night. The yard needs sooooooo much work and is sooooooo far away from being where we want it to be.

I noticed last night that there is a leak one of my water faucets outside. I removed it and the pipes to which is was attached doesn't look very good. The end is corroded and chipped and looks like it has been fatigued. I'm going to purchase a new faucet today and see if that fits onto the pipe better and seals the leak.

I also need to buy a new hose caddy. The one I had in the backyard has suffered some damage over the winter. I don't know what happened to it but the crank you use to return the hose to the reel and been broken off. As I stated, I don't know how that could have happened, but it happened.

No comments: