Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sharing a Hallmark Moment

One of my favorite responses to people who ask, "How ya Doing?", is "Happy to be on this side of the dirt!"

That has taken on a whole new meaning to me after the events of Sunday. I was surprised at how affected I was after everything calmed down. I didn't sleep well, my stomach was kind of queasy all day and I just had this weird feeling of dodging a major bullet. The more I thought about it, the more I came to realize that I was a spark away from buying the farm and then exploding it into little pieces, taking my wife with me.

I feel really stupid because it was such a lame mistake. But, I am so thankful and grateful to be alive which allows me the opportunity to feel as stupid as I do. I am going to try my best to remember this feeling and somehow make it reflect in my life.

I guess what I'm saying is that we take so much for granted. Stop it! Look around. Notice how amazing life is. No matter how crappy you think your life is, that's a temporary situation and it will change. When you feel like crap, thank God you're alive to feel it. Celebrate it.

Okay, that's my Hallmark Moment.

No comments: