Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring Time Has Arrived

This Blog is dedicated to the Home Remodeling Project of Stan & Susan Burke. Here we will chronicle our on-going project as we move toward our goal of completing our remodel by 2009, the 100 year anniversary of our home. We will also list our various injuries and lost body parts.

As of today, that is the subject header of the blog. I haven't read it in a while. It seems it is time to update it. Here it is 2009 and we are waaaaay behind our ambitious schedule. I haven't done any work on the stairs since last Sunday. I guess that is something that I'll work on.

I rode my bike to work this morning, resuming the routine I followed last Summer of riding downtown, catching the bus to Liberty Lake and then doing it backwards on the way home. It was chilly this morning but a nice ride home. I am waaaaaay out of riding shape. I 'spect it will take some acclimating.

I was able to get home tonight in time to run a mile around the park and then get some fertilizer on the lawn. I'm trying to get ahead of the dandelions. I hate the dandelions.

I am also keeping an eye on my hops and grape vines. So far, I do not see any evidence that they weathered the winter months.

There's a nearly full moon out tonight and it still about 60 degrees. I'll have to go out and walk the grounds.

No comments: