Saturday, December 05, 2009

Marathon Paint Day One

I had to work at Scotty's Bar & Grill this morning but I managed to get someone (Kristina) to come in and take over for me at 10AM. That got me home by 10:30 and Susan and I hauled ourselves downtown to commence to painting at 11:30AM. We left at 9:30PM. My math tells me we worked for 10 hours. That's $600.00 more into the remodeling fund.

I don't feel too terribly bad. I am a little bit sore but surprisingly chipper. I expected to feel worse. We are going to try for three skywalks tomorrow. We need to be down there at 9AM. I should feel like total crap by this time tomorrow.

I must say that even though we are under the gun to get these skywalks painted, it's not like anyone is breathing down our backs. The pressure t0 get them done in coming from us. I mean, it's the holiday season and we have shit to do.

I did find myself enjoying the painting today. I'm talking about the actual process of standing there with brush in hand and just being creative...even if I'm being creative on a template. I have to remember that this can be fun. There is no rason I shouldn't be enjoying myself.

The major problem we had today was that the second skywalk we worked in was unheated. We might as well have been painting outside. That is until I went outside and felt how really cold it was out there. They say it will be cold tonight. The temperature right now at 11:21PM is 26 degrees. The forecasters are calling for it to drop to 10 or 12 degrees tonight.

I hope we have heated skywalks tomorrow.

No comments: