Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten Days to Go

We woke up this morning to our first real snowfall of the season. I would guess there was about 3 to 4 inches. It was enough to get out there and give the neighborhood a blow.

It felt great to get out there again with the big green snow machine. It was a little resistant to starting. I must admit that I haven't treated it well since last season. I just drained the gas tank and let it sit all summer.

Anyway, the Snow Blower was hesitant to start but I coaxed it along and it finally fired up and ran like a champ. I need to get it some oil which I will do tonight.

Once again, I covered the neighborhood. I do it partly because of the Spider-Man credo which says that with Great Power comes Great Responsibility. The Snow Blower is Great Power. And
I do not take the responsibility lightly.

The other reason I do it is because I shove a lot of snow into the yard of my neighbor across the alley. Doing his walk is a peace offering.To end, here is a lovely early morning shot of the house after the first pristine snowfall of the 2009 winter.

No comments: