Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tile Done Deal

I can almost completely call the tile entry way a done deal. The only thing left now is to wait a couple of weeks and seal the grout.

From here, the pictures shall speak.It's been a very active day for Fire and Police in Spokane. I woke up early this morning and turned on the radio to listen to the news. I have a little under pillow speaker so as not to annoy Susan...much more than ususal. There was a fire at the Arbor Crest Winery. It's a very cool old mansion up in the bluff in the valley.

I don't know yet the extent of the damage but I took this picture of the place as viewed from the freeway.The big red glow in the center of the picture is all the fire trucks flashing lights up at Arbor Crest. I really should have taken the time to go get a good picture, but we'll have to settle for this.


I also heard there had been some shots fired at a Police car during a traffic stop. The radio story said there was a lot of PoliceActivity in the area of Monroe and Cora. I laid there a bit before realizing that I am in the area of Monroe and Cora.

When I got up, the was a Sheriff's car parked on the corner with lights flashing. I saw another across the park and another further down the block.

The story as of now is that the Police pulled a suspected stolen car over and an occupant of the car fired at and hit the Police car. Then they sped off into the neighborhood and abandoned the car. There is an on-going search.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: