Thursday, April 08, 2010

I have been away for a week so it's time to get caught up with all the action in our lives. I haven't really been any where. I just haven't been here!

For starters, I ended up getting third place in the NCAA Basketball bracket thing I was in. I earned $13.50, none of which I shall declare on my taxes. If this is used against me in a court of law at some future date, won't I feel stupid!

We have successfully re-financed our loan from an 30 year mortgage to an fifteen mortgage. I would apologise for the grammatical error in which the singular infinitive is doubled to a transitive Lusitania, but I sometimes like to appear ignorant. It helps to mask the times when I am ignorant.
We are making excellent progress on our Newel Post Light. We have finally compiled all the parts we need and have assembled them into a nearly working light, as seen below.
I need to actually wire the thing now and I have a little more work to do on the base you see it sitting on. Nothing major...just some shaping and sanding. We now have about $75.00 into this light. It stands about 18 inches tall and we think it will look totally bitchin' when it is in place at the bottom of the stairs. It's not going to provide a lot of light but that was never goal.

I am making plans to trap myself a skunk this weekend. I have seen it several times and I want to strike before it has puppies. The details will be forthcoming as the events take place.

In the meantime, have an pleasant day!

1 comment:

Muzzy Boyz said...

Looking good!