Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tuesday Night Work Night

Susan and I (mostly Susan) determined that we need at least one night during the week to dedicate ourselves to working on the house. Tuesday seems to be the best night for that and so that was the order of the evening.

Susan accomplished more than I as I enjoyed an episode of NCIS that, while it was a re-run, I wanted to see. I then got to work on the stairs. I'm doing some minor touch up sanding and wood puttying. I am very close to staining and varnishing.

I saw some signs that the grape vines are waking up. There are little tiny buds that are slowly getting bigger each day. They should burst forth with leaves any day now.

The official hops growth for yesterday was 5 1/2 inches. I checked out the Sterling Hops this morning and it looked like it grew another inch over night.

Here it is April and I am already considering shutting down the furnace for the season. This Global Warming is really working in my favor with the Utilities. It has been very warm and we haven't used the electric heater in the bedroom for over a week. In fact, I believe it is time to switch from the fleece sheets to regular good ol' fashioned linen.

Sometimes, I can be quite gay!

No comments: